In choosing a major, ability counts as much as interest. In addition to considering what you enjoy, think about times and places when you excelled… Let your choice of a major reflect a discovery of your passions and potentials.
List your core values, such as contributing to society, achieving financial security and professional recognition, enjoying good health, or making time for fun.
—David Ellis, The Essential Guide to Becoming a Master Student
In this assignment, you will become more familiar with your academic program, learning more about what courses are offered and looking at a snapshot of program highlights and coursework examples.
As you conduct your program research, keep these questions in mind so that you can answer them in this week’s assignment.
- Why did you select an academic program in the Business & Management field?
- What industry certifications are related to your career field? Are there any which you are interested in pursuing?
- What internships or apprenticeships are related to your major? Do any of them interest you?
- What kinds of career opportunities are there in your field?
- What have you discovered about your academic program that you didn’t know before?
Please follow these steps:
- Select your Business & Management academic program from the list below:
- Meet the Business & Management Program Faculty. Explore the list of featured Business program faculty and learn about their background and professional experience.
- Meet Business and Management students and alumni. Explore some business student profiles to learn more about their background and academic program experience.
- Contact a Success Coach (optional). Undergraduate success coaches are available and ready to assist you with questions about your academic program, course selection, academic policies, and degree completion. Success Coaches are available by phone and email at [email protected].