Choose a high profile case, your choice must be approved by your instructor. In 1200 words, examine the following:
1. Summarize the high profile case you have chosen.
2. Describe how rational choice or trait theory apply to the case; if both apply, explain how they apply, and if neither applies explain why.
3. Explain how rational choice or trait theory can be used to explain why the people committed the crime.
4. Describe how rational choice and trait theorists would view this specific case.
5. Explain significant studies used by the theorists and how the studies might apply to understanding the case.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Please remember to include the HTTP or DOI or ISBN for your references
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Reading Assignment for the week
1. Read Chapters 4 and 7 in Introduction to Criminology: Why Do They Do It?
2. Watch “On the Trail of Evil: A Journey to the Center of the Brain” [Video file] In Films on Demand (2011).
3. Read “The Assumption of Rational Choice Theory in Alfred Adler’s Theory of Crime: Unraveling and Reconciling the Contradiction in Adlerian Theory through Synthesis and Critique,” by Shon & Barton-Bellessa, from Aggression and Violent Behavior (2015).
4. Read “A Descriptive Model of the Hunting Process of Serial Sex Offenders: A Rational Choice Perspective,” by Beauregard, Rossmo, & Proulx, from Journal of Family Violence (2007).
5. Read “The Unusual Suspect: The General Factor of Personality (GFP), Life History Theory, and Delinquent Behavior,” by van der Linden, Dunkel, Beaver, & Louwen, from Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences (2015).