This Assessment is based on 10 short business scenarios and one case study. Read the scenarios and case study and then respond to the four-parts presented below.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
Part 1: Components and Categories of Information Systems
- – List and describe the key components and categories of information systems. (1–2 paragraphs)
Part 2: Roles of Business Information
- Read and evaluate each of the 10 provided business scenarios, and then respond to the following prompts for each business scenario to convey your understanding of the type of business system needed to support each scenario. (The response for each scenario should be 1–2 paragraphs.)
- -Identify and describe the key issues or problems that need to be addressed in the scenario.
- -Choose an appropriate type of business information system to resolve the issues in the scenario. Provide supporting reasons for the selection.
- -Describe how this business would benefit from implementing the selected system.
Part 3: Optimizing Business Value with Information Systems
- Read the “WestJet Airlines Case Study.” Create a 5- to 6-slide PowerPoint presentation and include speaker notes for supporting details on every slide as follows:
- -Recommend two business information systems that should be implemented by this company. (1 slide)
- -Create a cost-benefit analysis for the business information systems selected. (1–2 slides)
- -Describe how each recommended system applies to Porter’s Five Forces and Value Chain. (1–2 slides)
- -Explain how the two recommended systems align with WestJet Airlines’ business strategy. (1 slide)
Part 4: Trends in Business Information Systems
- Using the “WestJet Airlines Case Study,” create a management report on Emerging Trends Analysis and Recommendations with responses to the following prompts:
- -Compile a list with descriptions of four emerging trends in business information systems that should be considered by WestJet Airlines. Then, choose two emerging trends that you would consider the most important for WestJet to implement. (3–4 paragraphs)
- -Explain why you have selected these trends for the company. How do the trends you selected apply to this particular business? (2–3 paragraphs)
- -What business benefits do you expect these selected trends to deliver to the company? (2–3 paragraphs)