In this project, you will complete a Company Overview, an Evaluation of the General Environment, and a conclusion.
- Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
- You should not be using indefinite articles, GlassDoor, or Chron or similar types of articles.
- The document has to be written in Word or RTF. No other format is acceptable. Pdf files will not be graded. Use a 12-point font for a double-spaced report. The final product cannot be longer than 8 pages in length, which includes all tables and matrices but excludes the title page and reference page. Do no use an Appendix.
- Provide a company overview, which is an essential component to the strategic management process. The company overview includes the purpose(s) for the founding of the company, i.e, what problems was it formed to solve and/or opportunities it was formed to exploit, who are the founders, home country or state, current management, employee headcount, last year’s revenue, etc.).
- Identify the global industry in which the company operates. This will come from Mergent Online. Discuss the company’s general environment by developing a PESTEL analysis. First, use the course material to identify the elements of the PESTEL and what components make up each element. Then, complete the analysis using research on the industry and the focal company. Be sure to thoroughly present and support the reasoning for what is presented. You may not use a PESTEL analysis that is already completed and available on the Internet. A zero will result if used as the analysis has to be the result of your research and your own development. NOTE: A PESTEL analysis is not a table and it is not a bulleted assessment. Identify and discuss one key trend for each letter of the PESTEL for the industry. Key trends are separate from the PESTEL analysis. Select one of the six trends identified in the previous requirement and discuss how the focal company could be affected by the selected trends. Discuss key areas of uncertainty related to the identified trend for the focal company that could potentially impact the company’s strategy. Perform a strategic analysis of the company’s mission, vision and objectives.